Print FriendlyEmail Page
Go To Search
Police Department Home
Internal Affairs
Filing a Complaint
Complaints may be made to any supervisor, Commander or Captain.  You may file a complaint in the following ways:

  • In person at 4195 South U.S. Highway 17-92, Casselberry, FL 32707
  • By e-mail to the Internal Affairs Captain -
  • By U.S. mail in writing 
  • By phone at 407-262-7606

All complaints will be thoroughly examined.

Complaints not resolved at the supervisory level may be assigned as a more formal investigation as determined by the Chief of Police.

Complaints involving discourtesy or poor service will generally be forwarded to the officer’s immediate supervisor for investigation. Once completed, they will be thoroughly reviewed by Internal Affairs. In most situations, a sworn, taped statement will be requested.

Remember, simply relate the facts and do not attempt to embellish or add to your complaint. Be prepared to provide the investigator with witness information. You will be treated professionally and courteously.

You will not be subjected to intimidation or any other improper behavior. However, if you intentionally make a false complaint against an officer or employee, you may be prosecuted criminally and/or held civilly liable.

Officer's Rights
Officers are protected by the Police Officer’s Bill of Rights and their labor agreement, which provides they shall not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats from supervisors or unreasonable periods of interrogation. They have a right to have counsel or union representation during the investigation.

After the Investigation
Once completed, Internal Affairs will forward the investigation to the Deputy Chief and Chief of Police, who will make a final recommendation in each case.There are four possible dispositions:


  • Sustained - The allegation is true. The action of our employee was inconsistent with the agency’s policy.
  • Exonerated - The allegation is true. The action of our employee was consistent with the agency’s policy.
  • Unfounded - The allegation is either false or there is no credible evidence to support it.

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.