Print FriendlyEmail Page
Go To Search
Public Works Home
Lake Management
Algae BloomRegardless of where we live, we all live within a watershed. In the City of Casselberry, almost every address is located within the Lake Jesup watershed, meaning that the runoff from these areas eventually contributes to Lake Jesup itself. Because everything is connected, our daily choices make a real difference to the water quality within our watershed. Please check out the links below to find out how the City of Casselberry helps protect the watershed, and how you can help.

  • Gee Creek Erosion Control Project – Phase 1
    This project is scheduled to begin July 5th, 2017. It consists of installing a sheet pile wall along the west side of N Winter Park Drive just north of Gee Creek Lane in order to provide erosion protection from the adjacent creek. Travelers should expect road closures and detours. N Winter Park Drive will be FULLY CLOSED from Gee Creek Lane to Belle Avenue from July 10th through July 14th, as well as from July 17th to July 21st. For further details please click here.  
  • A City Commission Workshop has been tentatively scheduled for July 24, 2017 at 3PM in the City Commission Chambers in City Hall at 95 Triplet Lake Drive, Casselberry, FL to discuss the draft new Stormwater and Lakes Management Master Plan. Once finalized and adopted, the new Master Plan will serve as the basis for stormwater-related projects and programs for the next 10 years. Click here  for a copy of the presentation on the Draft Master Plan from the recent June 28, 2017 Lakes Management Advisory Board meeting. Click here  for a copy of the Draft Master Plan. Please note that these documents refer to a Draft Master Plan for discussion purposes. It has not been finalized or adopted.
  • Storm Drain Rehabilitation Project Underway.  Click here for more information. 
  • Casselberry Golf Course Stormwater Opportunity Feasibility Study - The City of Casselberry recently purchased the Casselberry Golf Club and has completed a study analyzing its potential for stormwater improvements. Click the link to view the full report. (Please note this is a 160MB file so it may take some time to open or download.) 
  • SERV Winter Newsletter.  Join the Seminole Education, Restoration, and Volunteer program for a variety of upcoming classes and volunteer opportunities. 
  • Celebrate Arbor Day by planting a tree!  Get yours free through a partnership with the Florida Forest Service and Arbor Day Foundation. 
  • Check out the Extension Office's new Youtube channel. This month's featured video- Protecting your lake

Everything is connected. So no matter where you live in the watershed, you can help protect our water resources with simple choices at home. Click here for some simple ways you can help.

Updated 2011-12 Edition! The City of Casselberry Lake Management Guide provides a good overview of important lake and water quality issues in the City of Casselberry. It’s a great place to start!


Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.