Print FriendlyEmail Page
Go To Search
Community Development Home
The Building Division
Building Services Coordinator,

95 Triplet Lake Drive
Casselberry, FL  32707

Phone: (407) 262-7700 Ext. 1103 or Ext. 1111

7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday

The Building Division manages the construction or alteration of buildings and other structures erected within the City through the issuance of building permits.

The City of Casselberry has launched a new online permitting system that offers the ability to:

  •     Check the status of a permit application
  •     Schedule inspections
  •     Pay permit and inspection fees
  •     Search for past permits

 Click here to access the online permitting system.

All applications for the Building Division can be found online. Applications can be submitted via fax or email. Permit pickup will be required in person at the Building Division located at City Hall.

The building standards are established by the Florida Building Code and the Florida Fire Prevention Code. For additional information, please view the following references:

*As of January 1, 2018, all plans must comply with the 2017 Florida Building Code 6th Edition.*

Building Permit Applications
Building related permit applications can be found on the Forms page.

Schedule of Building Permit Fees

On all construction work requiring a permit, fees for building permits and related activities shall be applied in accordance with the schedule stated below. Valuation of construction shall be determined by the contract value of construction.

      1. Building Permit Fee.

                        a. A total construction valuation up to and including $1,000.00, requires a                                   building permit fee of $20.00, which shall be paid upon receipt of the permit.

b. A total valuation in excess of $1,000.00, requires a building permit fee of $20.00 for the first $1,000.00 valuation, plus one-half of one percent (0.005) of the valuation in excess of $1,000.00, which shall be paid upon receipt of the permit. 

2. Plan Review Fee.
When the valuation of the proposed construction exceeds $1,000.00, a plan review fee shall be paid to the City upon receipt of the permit. Said plan review fee shall be equal to one-half of the building permit fee.

3. Inspection Fee.
When the valuation of the proposed construction exceeds $1,000, an inspection fee shall be paid. Said inspection fee shall be equal to one-half of the building permit fee. This inspection fee shall be in addition to any other fee imposed by this Section and shall be paid upon receipt of the permit.

        4. Reinspection Fee.
        The reinspection fee shall be $50.00 for the first reinspection, $60.00 for the               second reinspection, and $70.00 for every reinspection thereafter. All                         reinspection fees shall be paid prior to receiving final inspection.

        5. Miscellaneous Fees.
        Miscellaneous fees shall be applied as applicable and shall be in the amounts         as indicated in the table below:

         Tents/air supported structures: $25.00

         Temporary electric pole: $20.00

         Construction trailer: $75.00

         Occupational license (Building Division walk-through inspection): $10.00

         Portable sign: $25.00

         Demolition (per structure): $25.00

         Partial certificate of occupancy: ½ Building Permit Fee

         Electrical power prior to CO (prepower): $200.00

         Contractor change: $30.00

         Change on application: $30.00

         Revised single-family residential plans:

         Minor Revision: $30.00

         Major Revision: $60.00

         Revised commercial plans, per page: $30.00

         Researching records, per item: Hourly Charge

*Additional surcharges and impact fees may be applied.  For additional information, refer to Section 1-4.3 of the City Code.

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.