The City of Casselberry is approximately eight square miles with an estimated population of more than 27,614 residents. Daytime population rises considerably with persons commuting through the City to downtown Orlando or other Central Florida attractions.
The City of Casselberry is a quiet enclave in the heart of Central Florida. The City has the advantage of being a sleepy community with a plethora of shopping, entertainment, arts and culture right in our backyard. Residents and visitors enjoy our close proximity to major attractions (40 minutes from Disney World and Epcot Center, 25 minutes from Kennedy Space Center, and 2 hours from Busch Gardens).
Current Hiring Status: NOT Accepting Applications
Thank you for your interest in the Casselberry Police Department.
We are NOT accepting applications for the position of POLICE OFFICER at this time. We will starting another process in the coming months. Please follow the link below labeled, "Job Interest Card." Follow this link to create an interest card and a profile on our hiring system. Once the new Police Officer process begins, you will be notified and provide a link to complete the on-line application.
Phone: (407) 262-7616 Ext. 1018 or 1061
Fax (407) 262-7629
Monday through Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Base Pay - $41,000.00
Plus additional salary incentives:
- Up to $130.00 a month / $1560.00 a year
- 2% night shift differential
- 2% wage supplement for City of Casselberry residents
- Take-Home Vehicle Program - upon completion of the Field Training Program
- Health Insurance - City pays a substantial portion of employee's health insurance; dependent coverage available at additional cost
- Optional dental and vision care for employees and their families
- Paid life insurance
- Paid physical exams
- Retirement - The employee contributes 3% of salary and is vested after ten years
- College Tuition Plan - tuition and expenses reimbursed up to $2400 per year
- Equipment - All Officers are provided take-home vehicle, uniforms, weapons, vest, and other necessary equipment during their entire career
- Annual Leave - accrues at eight hours per month, up to 300 cumulative hours.
- Sick Leave - accrues at six hours per month, up to 720 cumulative hours.
- Other Paid Time - 10 holidays, bereavement, and military leave
Minimum Requirements for Applicants
Each applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a high school graduate or possess a Florida-approved G.E.D. certificate
- Possess a valid Florida driver's license and an acceptable driving record
- Completed training as required per FSS 943
- Be of good moral character - no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions/pleas involving moral turpitude or domestic violence, neglect or abuse
- Be in good physical condition
- If a Veteran, discharge anything other than dishonorable
- Have not used any form of tobacco during the past 12 months
- Must successfully complete the hiring process
All applicants for the position of Police Officer must successfully complete the following:
- Assessment examination
- Physical ability test
- Background investigation
- Voice-stress analysis
- Psychological examination
- Oral Review Board
- Medical exam and drug screen
- Interview with the Chief of Police