Commendations & Complaints
It is the policy of the Casselberry Police Department to recognize praiseworthy and commendable actions and efforts by employees while in the performance of their duties.
Some of the types of awards earned can include:
- Medal of Honor
- Medal of Valor
- Purple Heart
- Supervisor of the Year
- Officer of the Year
- Civilian of the Year
- Citizen of the Year Chief's Commendation Award
- Lifesaving Award
- Community Service Award
- Unit Citation
- Officer of the Quarter
If you have had extraordinary service or one of our employees went above and beyond in their service to the community, let the Chief of Police know.
We appreciate those who take the time to acknowledge the every day good, quality, and hard work of our employees.
Compliments can be made:
- In Person - By stopping by our office, 115 Wilshire Boulevard, Casselberry Florida 32707. Ask for the on-duty supervisor.
- Via Telephone - Call (407) 262-7616 Ext. 1064. Ask for the supervisor on duty and state you would like to give a compliment.
- By Postal Mail - 115 Wilshire Boulevard, Casselberry, Florida 32707
- By e-mail - Email Brandy Ramirez
Complaints against the Casselberry Police Department or its employees may be made by any person. Initial complaints may be made in person, by telephone, or in writing (via email, traditional mail or via the complaint form).
Complaints are accepted by the affected employee's supervisor. If the supervisor is unavailable, the on-duty Patrol supervisor will handle the complaint. If the complainant does NOT want to disclose who the complaint is against, the on-duty senior patrol supervisor shall still take the complaint.
Make a Complaint
Complaints can be made:
- In Person - By stopping by our office, 115 Wilshire Boulevard, Casselberry, Florida 32707. Ask for the on-duty supervisor.
- Via Telephone - Call (407) 262-7616 Ext. 1064. Ask for the supervisor on duty and state you would like to make a complaint.
- By Postal Mail - In writing via letter or use the form below
- By e-mail - Email the Internal Affairs Captain - Complaints may be made to any supervisor. Complaints involving discourtesy or poor service will be forwarded to the officer's immediate supervisor for investigation.