The City of Casselberry is requesting residents sort recyclables BEFORE placing curbside. Generally curbside sorting is done by the hauler, but for the safety of the collection crews, it is requested that customers self-sort.
Please note that tissues and paper towels should be placed in regular household garbage.
Sorting guidelines are as follows:
Fibers should be sorted together. This includes:
- Pasteboard (i.e., cereal boxes, empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls, soda boxes, beer boxes, tissue boxes, gift boxes, pizza boxes and shoe boxes)
- Brown paper grocery bags (no wax, no wet strength material, no liners)
- Corrugated cardboard (flattened and cut down to fit inside the recycle bin)
- Newspaper, supplements, magazines and catalogs
- Box board, carrier stock, white and colored paper
- Telephone Books
Co-mingled containers should be sorted together. This includes:
- Plastic Containers #1-7 (#’s on bottom of containers) Remove all lids
- Glass bottles and jars (clear, green and brown) Remove all lids
- Aluminum cans
- Steel cans and tin household containers, such as food cans
For additional information, please contact the Public Works Department by calling (407) 262-7725, Ext. 1225.